Loose Leaf Tea by Teaism
We love Teaism's high-quality teas, which we also use for our kombucha. Each bag contains 2 ounces of loose leaf tea, except for Organic Chai, which comes in a 4-ounce bag. Choose your tea:
- Lavender Lemon Mint (herbal) - Flowery and minty, this contains organically grown lemon verbena and lavender, as well as rosemary, spearmint, and a bit of cinnamon.
- Earl Grey (black) - Organic! Chinese black tea scented with essential oil of bergamot, which gives a beautiful citrus flavor. First place award winner in a world tea competition.
- Moroccan Mint (herbal) - A blend of a green tea with organic spearmint. Great hot or iced.
- Berry Beauty (herbal) - Beautifully dried elderberries, red & black currants, and hibiscus blossoms, with a delicious creamy note. A fruity brew that is also great iced!
- Organic Chai - The Washington Post proclaims this “the most authentic version.” A traditional Indian masala blend of black tea with cardamom, cinnamon, rooibos, ginger, star anise, cloves, black pepper, and licorice root. Boil with milk and sugar.
Use: Use 1 teaspoon of loose leaf tea per 8oz of boiling water. Allow the tea to steep a minimum of 2 minutes. If you prefer stronger tea, allow to steep for 4 to 6 minutes. A 2-ounce bag is enough for a month of a daily cup of tea!
Linda and Michelle founded Teaism in 1996 with the goal of making exquisite loose leaf tea accessible to all. Teaism now has three unique restaurant-teahouse DC locations, as well as a small retail shop in Union Market.