Small, Organic Veggie Bag - THURS
Certified organic produce from The Farm at Sunnyside, which is just 75 miles from Washington DC.
- 1 bunch parsley or chives - Parsley is more than a pretty garnish, blitz up into a zingy sauce with garlic, lemon juice and olive oil. Onion-y and mild, chives are a classic on top of an omelet or whisked into a salad dressing.
- 1 head lettuce or 1 bag greens mix - You know what to do with this one - top the greens with roasted DELICATA and BEETS for a refreshing salad.
- 1 piece turmeric (2-3 inches) - Fresh turmeric is a delightful root that adds a bright pop of color and a delicate but earthy flavor. Grate into salad dressings or stir into rice before cooking for a golden shade.
- 1 delicata squash - A farmer favorite! As the name suggests, these winter squash have a delicate skin and don't need to be peeled. Scoop out the seeds and roast slices with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- 1 bunch beets - Earthy and sweet, beets are a sweet addition to any meal. Roast in chunks or slice super thinly on a mandoline and toss with your favorite grain and some soft cheese.
- 1 head cauliflower or 1 bunch broccoli - Roast at high heat for delicious crispy edges. Mix into a grain salad with roasted DELICATA and fresh PARSLEY or CHIVES.
The Farm at Sunnyside borders the Shenandoah National Park - read more about their conservation efforts on their website. We love visiting Sunnyside and learning about cover crops, compost, field rotation, food safety processes, and working with a seasonal farm staff - Stacey and Casey excel at all these things!
The farm may substitute veggies if they run out. This rarely happens, but does happen from time time. Produce is measured by weight, so quantity may vary slightly from pictures. Sorry, we can't offer substitutions right now. Sunny Side