Small, Organic Veggie Bag - TUES
Dicot Farm is a small, but mighty certified organic farm just 25 miles south of DC! Their small, organic veggie bag for Tuesday 6/23 will be picked just days before delivery for incredibly fresh + nutritious vegetables.
Farmer Meghan says "We're at the tail end of the spring crops and should start having summer crop like cukes, squash, beans +MORE options in the next couple weeks! Enjoy spring onions, greens, radishes + turnips while they're here!"
The bag will include
- green onions: last chance for this spring specialty!
- a bag of greens: this week, you will get lettuce mix -OR- spicy salad -OR- pea shoots. approximately 1/4 lb.
- a bunch of radishes: very fresh and crunchy!
- a bunch of greens: Tuscan kale, curly kale, -OR- collard greens! Approximately 1/2 lb.
- a bunch of Hakurei turnips: great raw for snacking or yummy quickly sautéed in butter and garlic!
VEGETABLE PRO TIP from Farmer Meghan: For radishes and turnips, separate the greens upon arrival and store in bags/containers in the fridge; both the roots and greens will last much longer. Enjoy your radish greens sauteed like spinach or in pesto.