Organic, Local Veggie Bag - THURSDAY DELIVERY
Available for Thursday home delivery only. Please select a Thursday delivery date when checking out.
Must order by Tuesday 7AM. Your veggies will be picked + bagged to order on Tuesday.
Certified organic produce from The Farm at Sunnyside, which is just 75 miles from Washington DC. This week you have a choice between two different options.
- 1/2 lb spinach - Still sweet! Make a creamy pesto with the sorrel + olive oil, nuts and salt.
- 1 bunch brassica raab - Springtime treat- only around for a week or two. Similar to broccoli raab but sweeter. Perfect in pasta!
- 1 lb winter radish - A mix of watermelon + purple daikon. Mild radish flavor, intense color and CRUNCH!
- 1/2 lb kale - Mix of several varieties. Saute lightly or use in a salad.
- 1 bunch sorrel - Lemony + bright! Add citrusy pops to your salad, eggs or in a pesto ;)
- 1/2 lb spinach - Still sweet! Ready for salads or a quick saute.
- 1/2 lb spring mix - Salad time! Mix of arugula, baby mustard, Bok choi, pea shoots, baby kale.
- 1 bunch spring radish - You'll receive either Cherriette or French Breakfast. First of the season!
- 1/2 lb collards - They've overwintered do they're sweet with tender, smaller leaves than summer collards.
- 1 bunch garlic chives - Beautiful springtime garlic flavor. Mix into salad dressings or scrambled eggs!
Please leave a cooler outside your door if you'd like us to drop it in there!
The Farm at Sunnyside is managed by Stacey and Casey. We first met them at the Arlington Farmers Market in 2013 when starting Number 1 Sons. Stacey and Casey are phenomenal farmers and managers tending to the health of their land, soil, staff and our community with their nutritious + delicious vegetables. You may have eaten their vegetables at the Dupont Circle Farmers Market, Falls Church Farmers Market, The Dabney or A Rake's Progress :)
The farm borders the Shenandoah National Park - read more about their conservation efforts on their website. We love visiting Sunnyside and learning about cover crops, compost, field rotation, food safety processes, and managing a seasonal farm staff - Stacey and Casey excel at all these things!
Produce is measured by weight, so quantity may vary slightly from pictures. Sorry, we can't offer substitutions right now.