Large, Organic Veggie Box - THURS
Certified organic produce from The Farm at Sunnyside, which is just 75 miles from Washington DC.
- 1 bunch cilantro or lemongrass - Cilantro goes well with Asian or Mexican inspired cooking; chop and add to stir-frys or tacos! Lemongrass adds lemony freshness to a curry or soup.
- 1 head lettuce or 1 bag greens mix - You know what to do with this one - top the greens with thin slices of WINTER RADISH and a GINGER-CARROT dressing for a refreshing salad.
- 1 head cabbage - Crisp when eaten raw in a slaw with CARROTS and CILANTRO, cabbage gets deliciously soft when slowly sauteed with olive oil and onions.
- 1 bunch asian greens - Bok choi, choi sum, or tat soi: these are all tender and delicious in stir-frys. Cook at high heat with BROCCOLI or SHISHITOS, and GINGER.
- 1 piece ginger (2-3 inches) - Freshly dug, this is unlike the standard grocery store variety. Full of floral, acidic, and citrusy flavor, this ginger has very thin skin and is mild enough to eat raw.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes - We can't deny fall is here when sweet potatoes show up! Orange and sweet, these tubers roast up beautifully to top a salad or rice bowl.
- 1 bunch carrots - Snappy and sweet, these orange beauties cook up into a curry and are a perfect snack. Blend up with ginger, garlic, olive oil, and vinegar for a hearty salad dressing.
- 1.5-2 lbs winter radishes - Red, purple, or watermelon - these cool-weather roots are mild and super crunchy. Slice thinly to top a salad or dip into hummus.
- 3-5 asian pears - Crisp and sweet, these pears are juicy and make a delightful snack.
The farm may substitute veggies if they run out. This happens rarely, but does happen from time time. Produce is measured by weight, so quantity may vary slightly from pictures. Sorry, we can't offer substitutions right now. Sunny Side