Large, Organic Veggie Box - THURS
Certified organic produce from The Farm at Sunnyside, which is just 75 miles from Washington DC.
- 1 bunch lemongrass or cilantro - Lemongrass is a flavorful aromatic used in curries and soups for a hint of citrus. Cilantro is the perfect herb to sprinkle over top for a punch of bright, green flavor.
- 1 bag greens mix or head lettuce - You know what to do with this one - toss the greens together with SWEET PEPPERS and KOHLRABI spears for a refreshing salad.
- 1 bunch asian greens - Bok choi, choi sum, or tat soi: these are all tender and delicious in stir-frys. Cook at high heat with BROCCOLI, SHISHITOS, and GINGER.
- 1 bunch sprouting broccoli or 1 kohlrabi - This super sweet broccoli comes in smaller heads, sometimes with edible flowers! The kohlrabi looks a little alien, but peel it and enjoy the crunch and coolness raw or in a stir-fry.
- 1 piece ginger (2-3 inches) - Freshly dug, this is unlike the standard grocery store variety. Full of floral, acidic, and citrusy flavor, this ginger has very thin skin and is mild enough to eat raw.
- 1 spaghetti squash - These golden squashes give us a little peek into fall. Roast in halves with olive oil and salt and once cooked, fluff the "spaghetti" strands with a fork.
- 1 box shishitos - Mostly mild with the occasional bit of spice, these little peppers saute quickly in hot oil.
- 4-5 asian pears - Crisp and sweet, these pears are juicy and make a delightful snack.
- 3-5 sweet and hot peppers - Purple, green, or red, these peppers are sweet and vegetal. Eat them raw as a vehicle for dip or roast them until soft. Hot peppers add a warm kick to your meal.
The farm may substitute veggies if they run out. This happens rarely, but does happen from time time. Produce is measured by weight, so quantity may vary slightly from pictures. Sorry, we can't offer substitutions right now. Sunny Side