Small, Organic Veggie Bag - TUES
Dicot Farm is a small, but mighty certified organic farm just 25 miles south of DC! Their small, organic veggie bag for Tuesday 7/14 will be picked just days before delivery for incredibly fresh + nutritious vegetables.
Farmer Meghan says "Summer is here and it's rhyming! Tomatoes and potatoes have arrived." - Dicot Farm
The bag will include:
- 1.5 to 2 lbs cucumbers: spa water! quick pickles! crunchy snack! cucumbers are the most versatile summer vegetable :)
- A bunch of greens: Tuscan or curly kale, approximately ½ lb
- 2 lbs summer squash: including yellow squash, zucchini and/or pattypan
- 1.5 to 2 lbs new red potatoes: yummy roasted or in potato salad!
- Tomatoes: 2 medium/large slicers or 1 pint cherry tomatoes
Dicot Farm is a certified organic farm in Waldorf, MD. They're just across the Potomac River from us - this means your veggies are traveling less than an hour to us! We met Meghan + Erik at the Greenbelt Farmers Market and Foggy Bottom Farmers Market. Dicot Farm is a small, but mighty operation.