Small, Organic Veggie Bag - THURS
Certified organic produce from The Farm at Sunnyside, which is just 75 miles from Washington DC.
- 1 bunch cilantro or garlic chives - Cilantro is the perfect garnish for a stir-fry or taco. The garlic chives are just like regular chives, but garlicky! They add a snappy kick of flavor to stir-frys, kimchi pancakes, or your morning eggs.
- 1 bunch asian greens - Bok choi, tat soi, or choi sum: these are all tender and delicious in stir-frys. Cook at high heat with EGGPLANT, SQUASH, and GARLIC.
- 1 head garlic - A clove of garlic a day keeps the doctor away? In any case it's delicious and spruces up any dish!
- 1-2 lbs summer squash - Slice into long batons and add to your stir-fry or add to a late-summer tomato sauce.
- 1 bunch hakurei turnips or radishes - Radishes are back - we can hardly believe it! Crunchy and slightly peppery, roast with butter and chile flakes for a sweet and savory side. Hakurei turnips are mild and sweet and just as crunchy!
- 2 eggplant - Great for the grill or a stir fry with GARLIC and ASIAN GREENS.
The Farm at Sunnyside borders the Shenandoah National Park - read more about their conservation efforts on their website. We love visiting Sunnyside and learning about cover crops, compost, field rotation, food safety processes, and working with a seasonal farm staff - Stacey and Casey excel at all these things!
The farm may substitute veggies if they run out. This rarely happens, but does happen from time time. Produce is measured by weight, so quantity may vary slightly from pictures. Sorry, we can't offer substitutions right now. Sunny Side