MEDIUM Veggie Box - SATURDAY
This medium veggie box is delightful for 2-3 people, especially the duo who likes to eat lots of vegetables throughout the week. Eat the fresh greens first!
We've finally turned a corner, as it warms up! The few hard frosts in May certainly slowed some growing down, but things are looking up from here! We anticipate asparagus for a few more weeks. The frost was very hard on the strawberry plants, so we're unsure if bags/boxes will contain strawberries this year!Here's the lineup for Saturday 6/6 delivery:
- small bag of mint: Kentucky Colonel Mint is the best variety of spearmint to use for mint juleps, also great for iced tea!
- 1/2 lb mix greens: ever changing mix of mizuna, tatsoi, red/green kale, red/green mustard, scarlet frills, beet greens, and some sylvetta.
- !not in photo! small bag of pea shoots: these tendrils are great for toast. approximately 2 ounces.
- 1 bunch of Swiss Chard or Italian Dandelion: dandelion is a great bitter green! incorporate into salad or create a bitter dish for your table. read our post about dandelion here!
- 3 cucumbers: cucumbers make the perfect snack or use for smashed cucumber salad!
- 2 ripe red tomatoes: some of the best greenhouse tomatoes we've ever had :)
- !not pictured! a bunch of hakurei turnips: chop them up and add to salad! also great to make a veggie snack plate with the cucumbers and tomaotes. don't forget the salt!
- a bunch of asparagus: store in a jar of water in your fridge for freshest asparagus when you're ready to cook! approximately 3/4 lb.
- 2 bunches of spring onions, garlic or shallots: aliums make us :) too many for you to garnish and cook with? throw some on the grill or wilt them in your pan to add to your dinner plate!