Large, Organic Veggie Box - THURS
Certified organic produce from The Farm at Sunnyside, which is just 75 miles from Washington DC.
- 1 bunch dill or chives - Onion-y and mild, chives are a classic on top of an omelet or whisked into a salad dressing. Dill gives a boost of flavor to creamy dressings.
- 1 bag greens mix or 1 head lettuce - You know what to do with this one - toss the greens together with APPLES and KOHLRABI spears for a refreshing salad.
- 1 bunch kale - Make a hearty salad with the DELICATA and APPLES or toss with oil and salt, and bake some crispy kale chips!
- 2 onions - These fresh onions are super sweet and are delicious raw and cooked!
- 1 delicata squash - A farmer favorite! As the name suggests, these winter squash have delicate skin and don't need to be peeled. Scoop out the seeds and roast slices with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- 1 kohlrabi - These alien-looking veggies are in the same family as cabbage and kale. Peel first and then eat raw with your favorite dip or chop into fine matchsticks for a crunchy salad with the APPLES and BEETS.
- 1 bunch beets - Roast in chunks and top with a tahini dressing and caramelized ONIONS.
- 4-5 apples - With red skin and juicy flesh, these late summer apples have a sweet flavor with a slight tartness.
- 3-5 peppers (sweet and hot mix) - Roast the colorful sweet peppers and use as a salad topping or a sandwich filling. Add some hot pepper to any dish for a kick of heat!
The farm may substitute veggies if they run out. This happens rarely, but does happen from time time. Produce is measured by weight, so quantity may vary slightly from pictures. Sorry, we can't offer substitutions right now. Sunny Side