The Farm at Sunnyside - Tuesday October 13th Lineup
by Office Number1Sons
October 13, 2020
Certified organic produce from The Farm at Sunnyside, which is just 75 miles from Washington DC.
The Large Veggie Box for Tuesday 10/13 will delight you with:
- 1 bunch cilantro - An herb that goes well with Asian or Mexican inspired cooking; chop and add to stir-frys or tacos!
- 1 bag greens mix or 1 head lettuce - You know what to do with this one - toss the greens together with CARROTS and SWEET PEPPERS for a refreshing salad.
- 1 head cabbage or 1 bunch mustard greens - Slowly cook these greens with TURMERIC and GINGER for a comforting side dish.
- 1 piece turmeric + 1 piece ginger (2 inches each) - Both tropical roots add a ton of flavor to a curry or stir-fry. These are super fresh and don't need to be peeled!
- 2 onions - These fresh onions are super sweet and are delicious raw and cooked!
- 1-1.5 potatoes - Freshly dug, these have delicate skin and a creamy interior. Use in an Indian curry or roast in wedges.
- 1 bunch carrots - Crunchy and sweet, these orange beauties cook up into a curry and are a perfect snack.
- 1-2 sweet peppers and 2 hot peppers - Vegetal and sweet, these peppers add a pop of color and flavor. For some spice, add some finely chopped hot pepper when sauteing ONIONS for the base of a dish.
- 1 head cauliflower or 1 bunch broccoli - Use either one with POTATOES, ONIONS, GINGER, and TURMERIC for a hearty curry dinner.
The Farm at Sunnyside borders the Shenandoah National Park - read more about their conservation efforts on their website. We love visiting Sunnyside and learning about cover crops, compost, field rotation, food safety processes, and working with a seasonal farm staff - Stacey and Casey excel at all these things!
The farm may substitute veggies if they run out. This happens rarely, but does happen from time time. Produce is measured by weight, so quantity may vary slightly from pictures. Sorry, we can't offer substitutions right now.