The Farm at Sunnyside - Thursday October 22nd Lineup
by Office Number1Sons
October 22, 2020
Certified organic produce from The Farm at Sunnyside, which is just 75 miles from Washington DC.
This week's lineup for Thursday 10/22 showcases the beginning of fall's abundance!
SMALL VEGGIE BAG
- 1 bunch parsley or thyme - Parsley is more than a pretty garnish, blitz up into a zingy sauce with garlic, TURMERIC, lemon juice and olive oil. Thyme is savory and goes well with roasted veggies.
- 1 bunch kale - Make a hearty salad with the DELICATA or HONEYNUT and BEETS or toss with oil and salt, and bake some crispy kale chips!
- 1 piece turmeric (2-3 inches) - Fresh turmeric is a delightful root that adds a bright pop of color and a delicate but earthy flavor. Grate into salad dressings or stir into rice before cooking for a golden shade.
- 1 honeynut or delicata squash - Honeynut is similar to butternut, just extra sweet! Delicata is nutty and like its name suggests, the skin is delicate enough to eat. Both are delicious roasted.
- 1 bunch beets - Earthy and sweet, beets are a sweet addition to any meal. Roast in chunks or slice super thinly on a mandoline and toss with your favorite grain and some soft cheese.
- 1 head cauliflower or 1 bunch broccoli - Both brassicas, these veggies are fantastic when roasted until crispy. Also delicious in a stir-fry or curry.
LARGE VEGGIE BOX
- 1 bunch lemongrass or cilantro - Cilantro goes well with Asian or Mexican inspired cooking; chop and add to stir-frys or tacos! Lemongrass adds lemony freshness to a curry or soup.
- 1 bag greens mix or 1 head lettuce -You know what to do with this one - toss the greens together with colorful WINTER RADISH slices and drizzle with a CARROT-GINGER dressing.
- 1 head cabbage or napa cabbage - These crisp greens make a great classic slaw with shredded CARROTS or add texture to a stir-fry.
- 1 piece ginger (2-3 inches) - Freshly dug, this is unlike the standard grocery store variety. Full of floral, acidic, and citrusy flavor, this ginger has very thin skin and is mild enough to eat raw.
- 1 head garlic - A clove of garlic a day keeps the doctor away? In any case it's delicious and spruces up any dish!
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes - We can't deny fall is here when sweet potatoes show up! Orange and sweet, these tubers roast up beautifully to top a salad or rice bowl.
- 1 bunch carrots - Snappy and sweet, these orange beauties cook up into a curry and are a perfect snack. Blend up with ginger, garlic, olive oil, and vinegar for a hearty salad dressing.
- 1-1.5 lbs winter radishes - Red, purple, or watermelon - these cool-weather roots are mild and super crunchy. Slice thinly to top a salad or dip into hummus.
- 1 kohlrabi or 1 bunch turnips - Peel the kohlrabi and slice into sticks for dipping or add to the slaw with CABBAGE and CARROTS. Slice the turnips and toss with the salad greens.
The farm may substitute veggies if they run out. This happens rarely, but does happen from time time. Produce is measured by weight, so quantity may vary slightly from pictures. Sorry, we can't offer substitutions right now. Sunny Side