The Farm at Sunnyside for Tuesday June 2!
by Caitlin Roberts
June 03, 2020
Certified organic produce from The Farm at Sunnyside, which is just 75 miles from Washington DC. The large veggie bag is great for the person who eats most veggie-filled meals at home or the couple who cooks some meals at home! The large veggie bag for Tuesday 6/9 delivery will delight you with
- 1 bunch radishes (french or red) or Asian turnips : Fresh on salads is great but have you tried to cook them? Saute lightly in butter.
- 1 bunch parsley : Parsley is very versatile. Use in Italian and Middle Eastern dishes. Chimichurri!
- 1 bitter green (frisee, escarole or radicchio) : These are great for detoxing your liver and can taste great too. Lightly cooking them takes away some of the bitterness. Use some type of acid like lemon juice or vinegar and a fat like olive oil or cheese or bacon to accompany them.
- 1 bag (1/3 to 1/2 lb) lettuce mix: Spring is salad time.
- 1 small bag of snap peas or favas : Get these spring treats while you can. Warmer temps will usher them out and we'll have to wait until next spring!
- 1 head lettuce : Some varieties are frilly and delicate while others are crisp and hearty. These store longer than your mixes, so eat them later in the week.
1 bag salad or cooking green (spinach, baby kale or arugula) : these are all versatile greens that can top a pizza or sandwich, be used raw in a salad or given a light saute.
- 1 bunch spring onions or scallions : These are some of our favorite things coming out of the field right now. You can use both the bulb and the greens.
- 1 cucumber : The wait is over!!! These are our first cukes of the year coming out of our unheated high tunnel. It is hard for Farmer Stacey to share these... :)