The Farm at Sunnyside for Tuesday 9/1
by Office Number1Sons
September 01, 2020
Certified organic produce from The Farm at Sunnyside, which is just 75 miles from Washington DC. The large veggie bag is great for the person who eats most veggie-filled meals at home or the couple who cooks some meals at home!
The large veggie bag for Tuesday 9/1 will delight you with:
- 1 bunch basil or cilantro - Whip up the basil into pesto with some olive oil and parmesan. Cilantro goes well with both Mexican and Asian inspired dishes; combine with TOMATOES or TOMATILLOS, JALAPENO, and ONIONS for a kicky salsa.
- 1 head lettuce or 1 bag lettuce mix - Lettuce is back! Toss with CHERRY TOMATOES, CUCUMBERS, and your favorite cheese.
- 1 pint tomatillos or okra - Make a salsa with fresh or roasted tomatillos. Lightly bread and fry the okra (You will not regret this!).
- 2 onions - These fresh onions are super sweet and are delicious raw and cooked!
- 1-2 lbs squash and/or cucumbers - Pair the squash with rice, ONIONS, and cheese in a summery casserole. The cucumbers are perfect for a refreshing snack.
- 1 box shishitos - Do a quick fry of the shishitos with some sliced ONIONS.
- 2 lbs tomatoes - Slice 'em up and layer with BASIL and mozzarella for a caprese or layer on toast with mayo for a classic summer sandwich.
- 1 box cherry tomatoes - Red, yellow, purple, or pink, these little tomatoes are like drops of sunshine! Eat 'em all fresh or make veggie kebabs with SQUASH and ONIONS on skewers.
- 4-5 peppers (sweet and hot mix) - Purple, green, or red, these peppers are sweet and vegetal. A jalapeno or fresno can add some heat to a salsa with TOMATOES and ONIONS.
The Farm at Sunnyside borders the Shenandoah National Park - read more about their conservation efforts on their website. We love visiting Sunnyside and learning about cover crops, compost, field rotation, food safety processes, and working with a seasonal farm staff - Stacey and Casey excel at all these things!
The farm may substitute veggies if they run out. This happens rarely, but does happen from time time. Produce is measured by weight, so quantity may vary slightly from pictures. Sorry, we can't offer substitutions right now.