THE FARM AT SUNNYSIDE FOR TUES AUGUST 4
by Caitlin Roberts
August 04, 2020
Certified organic produce from The Farm at Sunnyside, which is just 75 miles from Washington DC. The large veggie bag is great for the person who eats most veggie-filled meals at home or the couple who cooks some meals at home!
The large veggie bag for Tuesday 8/4 will delight you with
- 1 bunch basil - A summer flavor that plays well with pasta and pizza, TOMATOES and SQUASH.
- 1 box okra or shishitos - Okra is a classic addition to stews and soups. Also delicious fried or made into a quick stir-fry with ONIONS and TOMATOES.
- 2 onions - These fresh spring onions are super sweet and are delicious raw and cooked!
- 2 lbs squash - Squash is the true jack-of-all-trades, put it in pasta sauce, on the grill, shaved thinly raw on a salad, the list goes on.
- 1 bunch beets - Sweet and earthy, these beets are delicious roasted or shredded to make veggie burgers.
- 2 lbs tomatoes - Slice 'em up and layer with mozzarella for a caprese or layer onto your BEET burger!
- 3 peppers (hot + sweet mix) - Purple, green, or red, these early peppers are sweet and vegetal. A jalapeno or fresno can add some heat to a salsa with TOMATOES and ONIONS.
- 4-5 apples - These Pristine apples are our earliest variety and have a tart-sweet flavor and super crisp texture.
- 1 box cherry tomatoes - Red, yellow, purple, or pink, these little tomatoes are like drops of sunshine! Eat 'em all fresh or make veggie kebabs with SQUASH and ONIONS on skewers.
The Farm at Sunnyside borders the Shenandoah National Park - read more about their conservation efforts on their website. We love visiting Sunnyside and learning about cover crops, compost, field rotation, food safety processes, and working with a seasonal farm staff - Stacey and Casey excel at all these things!
The farm may substitute veggies if they run out. This happens rarely, but does happen from time time. Produce is measured by weight, so quantity may vary slightly from pictures. Sorry, we can't offer substitutions right now. Sunny Side