The Farm at Sunnyside for Thursday June 11!
by Caitlin Roberts
June 10, 2020
SMALL VEGGIE BAG
The small veggie bag for Thursday 6/11 delivery will delight you with
- 1 bunch scallions or fresh sweet onion : Fresh + pungent. Use both the bulbs and greens.
- 1 Asian green (pac choi or tat soi) : Sweet, tight heads. Use for stir fry or try cutting in half + throwing on the grill.
- 1 bunch cilantro : Hope you love it! Cilantro works well as a topping to Thai or Mexican dishes.
- 1 bunch radishes (french or red) or Asian turnips : Pretty, round, crunchy gems. Slice and eat raw or add to your stir fry. (Yes! Radishes, too!)
- 1 bunch broccoli : This variety is an Asian bunching type which we think is SWEETER than your typical broccoli head. Cook quickly over high heat.
- 1 bag salad greens (1/3 to 1/2 lb) or head of lettuce : Then, make a salad! :) We've been enjoying a lighter lunch with salad greens on these hot, summery days.
LARGE VEGGIE BAG
We love when the seasons collide and we get a taste of two different crop mixes AT THE SAME TIME. We'd recommend a night of grilling with the squash, garlic scapes, fava beans, kohlrabi, radicchio or chard AND that cute little head lettuce.
Taste of summer rolling in -->
1 lb summer squash (mixed varieties) : The first of the season. Throw it on the grill as a delcious side or saute to top your pasta.
1 bunch garlic scapes : We think these taste like buttery garlic when grilled. But, you can also chop and saute lightly to start any meal.
1 cucumber : Just eat this thing right now. So sweet + crunchy!
1 bunch parsley or dill : Both go well with Mediterranean + Middle Eastern dishes. A wonderful accompaniment to lemons/lemon juice for a dressing or marinade.
1 bunch rainbow chard or radicchio : Lemon or balsamic vinegar and goat cheese are nice pairs to these greens. Saute lightly or throw on the grill!
Spring still holding on -->
1 bag fava beans or snap peas : This could be the last week for these at the temps rise. So, enjoy these will you can!!! Peas are still sweet + juicy. Favas are nutty + delicious.
1 bunch beets or kohlrabi : Kohlrabi is crunchy + sweet. Eat it raw or saute/grill. Beets make a great salad with a bit of olive oil, vinegar and THAT DILL OR PARSLEY! 1 bag (1/3 to 1/2 lb) salad greens (lettuce, arugula, baby kale or a mix of all): Spring is salad time!!!
1 head lettuce : Grill these hearty + dense heads for just a couple minutes!