Path Valley Farms - Saturday April 18 Lineup
by Caitlin Roberts
April 18, 2020
Small Veggie Bag from Path Valley Farms for Saturday 4/18
- 1/2 lb mix greens - ever changing mix of mizuna, tatsoi, red/green kale, red/green mustard, scarlet frills, beet greens, and some sylvetta. We often have pea shoots in the mix!
- 2 oz pea shoots -OR- microgreens - crown your rice, egg, and kimchi with some frilly fancy greens!
- 1 lb beets - maybe red, gold and/or white beets! If you need beet pickling inspo, look no further :)
- 1 lb carrots - medium + baby size!
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes - what a cute size! great for roasting, very little chopping needed. we love eating our sauerkraut with potatoes cooked any way!
- 1/2 lb kale - have you tried buckwheat groats in your kale salad?! salads love pickles - finish with a spoonful of our Giardiniera!
Medium Veggie Box from Path Valley Farms for Saturday 4/18
- 1 lb kale - have you tried buckwheat groats in your kale salads?! also, salads love pickles - finish with a spoonful of our Giardiniera!
- 2 oz pea shoots - IT'S SPRING :D
- 1 bunch spring garlic - IT'S SPRING pt. 2! delicious if you mince up and add to a salad dressing!
- 2 lbs fingerling potatoes - tiny potatoes! roast em + eat with our sauerkraut
- 1 bundle rosemary - not in the photo! sprinkle some on top of roasted potatoes :)
- 2 lbs beets - red + gold beets! for beet pickling inspo, look no further...
- 2 lbs carrots - medium sized carrots! Maybe more than one color :)
- 1 lb Jerusalem artichokes - root vegetable that you can roast like potatoes
- small bag of apple schnitz - dried apples, what a healthy snack!
Happy Family Veggie Box from Path Valley Farms for Saturday 4/18
The Happy Family Veggie Box has all the ingredients to make your own pesto at home! Check out our blog post for more information about making pesto. Check out our Instagram stories later this weekend when Rob Rubba will be making this pesto to eat with his pasta!
- bag of African Blue Basil - pesto part 1! do you need olive oil for pesto part 3? we got you.
- handful of walnuts - pesto part 2 are walnuts grown in Pennsylvania! approximately 2/3 cup.
- 1lb of spaghetti made by Chef Rob Rubba - pesto part 4!
- 1 bunch spring radishes - you can even add some of the radish tops to your pesto if you like it extra earthy!
- 1 bunch of spring garlic - this can go in the pesto, too! also great minced up and added to a dressing for extra happiness for your tastebuds!!
- 1 lb young kale - for kale salad nirvana, add some buckwheat groats and/or our beets pickled in apple cider vinegar
- 3 lbs potatoes - Eva variety! Don't sleep on potatoes and we've got your garnish with...
- 1 bundle rosemary - not pictured! but you still get to smell it, taste it, and enjoy it
- 2 leeks - potato leek soup, anyone ^^^
- 3 lbs beets - medium/large size. roast em, pickle em. Maybe make kvass if you're feeling extra adventurous?!
- 1 lb mix turnips - not pictured! try slicing + dipping them in hummus
- 2 lbs purple carrots - they're purple, people!!!