Dicot Farm - Tuesday May 5 Lineup!
by Caitlin Roberts
May 04, 2020
- 2 heads of baby bok choy - there's nothing better than eating the slightly chewy white bits of stir fried bok choy. At least nothing better if you're a 10 year old vegetable-loving kid growing up with #1 Mom's home cooking :)
- 1/2 lb of spinach -OR- rainbow chard - ready for cooking!
- 1/4 lb - 1/3 lb of salad greens - this week you will get spicy salad, lettuce mix, OR pea shoots.
- 1 bunch radishes - these multicolored gum ball radishes are very fresh and crunchy!
- 1 bunch hakurei turnips - the roots are sweet and tender, so are delicious raw in salads or for dipping, but are also yummy sauteed or roasted
VEGETABLE PRO TIP from Farmer Meghan: For radish and turnips, separate the greens upon arrival and store in bags/containers in the fridge; both the roots and greens will last much longer. Enjoy your radish greens sauteed like spinach or in pesto.
The contents of the bag may change slightly depending on harvest! Sorry, at this time, we can't honor requests for specific types of vegetables or substitutions!