DICOT FARM - TUESDAY JULY 7 LINEUP!
by Office Number1Sons
July 07, 2020
Dicot Farm is a small, but mighty certified organic farm just 25 miles south of DC! Their small, organic veggie bag for Tuesday 7/7 will be picked just days before delivery for incredibly fresh + nutritious vegetables.
Farmer Meghan says "Summer is here! Expect more summer crops in 2 weeks - Dicot Farm had a slower start for their summer growing season because of the cold spring!"
The bag will include:
- 1 bunch beets: beets are the best. Approximately 1 lbs.
- a bag of greens: this week, you will get lettuce mix -OR- spicy salad -OR- pea shoots. approximately 1/4 lb.
- 1.5 to 2 lbs cucumbers: spa water! quick pickles! crunchy snack! cucumbers are the most versatile summer vegetable :)
- a bunch of greens: Tuscan kale, curly kale, -OR- collard greens! Approximately 1/2 lb.
- ~2 lbs summer squash: including yellow squash, zucchini and/or pattypan
Dicot Farm is a certified organic farm in Waldorf, MD. They're just across the Potomac River from us - this means your veggies are traveling less than an hour to us! We met Meghan + Erik at the Greenbelt Farmers Market and Foggy Bottom Farmers Market. Dicot Farm is a small, but mighty operation.