How We're Adjusting + How To Get Kimchi
by Caitlin Roberts
March 13, 2020
Hello kimchi eaters and kombucha drinkers,
During this trying time, we are still hard at work. We want to allow access of healthy, nutritious food to continue, while keeping you, ourselves and our communities healthy. We’ve taken a lot of care over the past few weeks to prepare for COVID-19. Read on for our plans:
WHAT WE HAVE DONE + WILL CONTINUE DOING
- Review food safety + proper food handling protocols with all staff. So far, there is no evidence that food is a source or transmission method for COVID-19.
- Send hand washing stations and plenty of gloves to market, disinfectant spray and paper towels to markets.
- Stopped sampling. Right now, sampling isn’t a priority for us.
- Deep cleaned the pickle factory this past week.
- Direct our staff to stay home if they are sick or have been around folks who are sick.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
- We plan to continue attending markets to feed our community. Direct, resilient food systems are an important part of our community + every community.
WHAT WE’RE ASKING OF YOU
- If you are sick, experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, have been around someone sick, or been around someone with COVID-19 - please refrain from coming to market.
- If you are a high risk individual - please refrain from coming to market.
- Send one healthy person from your household to shop, instead of coming as a larger group.
- Use the hand sanitizer at our stand.
- Please avoid crowding and give each other space when waiting in line.
- Be kind to your neighbors and everyone at market.
WHAT WE PLAN TO DO
- We will keep following the guidelines of the CDC and local government, as well as using our best judgment, in regards to farmers markets.
- We have made plans to extend the duration of sick paid leave to our staff, should this become necessary.
- Are you laying low? We will start home delivery next week also through our online store. Order by Weds at 12PM for Thursday 3/19 delivery! Free delivery. $25 order minimum. We are delivering within 15 miles of 20002, 10 miles within Leesburg. Please bear with us as we get better at home delivery in real time.
HOW YOU CAN BUY OUR PRODUCTS OUTSIDE OF MARKETS
- See above for home delivery :)
- We are still offering nationwide shipping ($40 minimum) and market preorders (no minimum) through our online store. At checkout, you will have a choice of delivery method.
- If you need help with our online store, give us a text/call at 202-570-4453 or email us at Office@Number1Sons.com. We are monitoring updates so that we can keep serving our community with care.
The Number 1 Sons